Volume Discounts Now Available
The Push MetaGrip® is an adjustable, yet precise support for the thumb.
Developed and manufactured by:
Nea International bv/Push Braces, the Netherlands
Patented in the U.S. D
“The MetaGrip® is an ingenious design that solves the problem of pain for those with CMC osteoarthritis, including me! I am eager to wear it because of its comfort, lack of functional impediment, and durability. In my experience it is the only commercially produced thumb orthosis that is superior to what I can custom mold for a patient.”
- Judy C. Colditz, OT/L, CHT, FAOTA
1. Before applying the MetaGrip® to the patient's hand, gently bend the metal insert SLIGHTLY outward so the thumb thenar area is somewhat larger.
2. Open the straps.
3. Slide the patient's fingers and thumb into the orthosis. Before closing the straps, be sure to push the MetaGrip® as far down on the patient's thumb as possible.
4. Gently, but firmly close the straps.
5. Ask the patient to touch the thumb fingertip to the index finger tip, making an “O” shape. Be sure the patient's thumb muscles are relaxed and the MP and IP joints are slightly flexed.
6. Looking directly into the patient's palm, line up the metacarpal of the thumb so it is about a 10º to 20º angle from the index finger metacarpal. Be sure the thumb CMC joint is not too far across the palm or too far in extension.
7. When the thumb is in the accurate position, squeeze the metal insert firmly so it snugly fits around the relaxed thenar eminence.
8. The patient is ready to experience the comfort and durability of wear the MetaGrip® during all normal activities including gardening, cooking, golfing, driving or even playing tennis.
To determine the size MetaGrip® for your patient, measure around the metacarpal heads of all fingers and choose one of 3 sizes:
|Size 1||6 3/8 - 7 3/4 inches|
|Size 2||7 3/4 - 9 inches|
|Size 3||9 – 10 1/4 inches|
Download a PDF of the White Paper entitled: A New Splint Design for the Thumb CMC Joint which explains the design rationale for the MetaGrip® orthosis. You may also download a therapist/physician information sheet about the MetaGrip®.
Patients may order directly from our secure web site or by phone. Download a patient information sheet about MetaGrip® to give to your patients.
CODING - We believe that the appropriate HPCPS Code for the thumb CMC MetaGrip® may be:
L3923 - hand finger orthosis, without joints, may include soft interface, straps, prefabricated, includes fitting and adjustment; custom fitted. We are in process of obtaining confirmation of this code from HPCHS.
Disclaimer: As a service to our customers, HandLab provides this coding suggestion based on publicly available information. HandLab makes no guarantee or warranty that this information is accurate or implies guaranteed reimbursement by third-party payers. Coding and claim submission is the responsibility of the provider of services.
The MetaGrip® is a medical device and cannot be returned unless there is a defect in materials or workmanship. MetaGrip® is guaranteed against any defect in materials or workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase unless altered or incorrectly laundered.